Do you have a website of your own or post your content online and want more traffic for it?
If yes then you should look into search engine optimization commonly abbreviated as SEO. SEO can simply be defined as a process to increase the traffic on your website content both qualitatively as well as quantitatively via search engines. Here are a few tips which will allow you to increase your page rank in Google’s search engine.
50 SEO Tips for higher ranking on Google
- Optimizing your title tags
The crawlers which are used by Google work on the principle of title referencing hence it is very important for you to capture everything required in your title tag and at the same time keep the number of characters in the title tag to a minimum.
2. Keyword optimization
Keywords are the most important parts of search engine optimization as good usage of keywords can make all the difference. Try to use a keyword which is popular among the locality, do not use an excessive amount of keywords, try to implement your keywords in your title and most importantly avoid keyword stuffing in order to avoid being reported as spam.
3. Alternate descriptions
The ALT tag allows the user to describe the media content using text. It is an additional place for using your keywords effectively as alt descriptions have a slightly higher weightage than simple textas far as SEO for Google is concerned.
Indexing is considered to be the mother of all SEO and was the first step in SEO discovery. Indexing is useful in SEO because it allows the crawlers to quickly reach your page content.
Search engines can be used on any device today hence it gets more important every day to have your content compatible with mobile browsers as well because these browsers drive more than half the traffic today.
It should be kept in mind that the platform you use while launching a website has a big hand in the SEO. Platforms like flash and Heroku have a low score but professional platforms have a higher score.
7. Maintaining freshness
It is essential to update your content on a regular basis because it increases optimization for both keywords as well as the title. This is because Google works on the concept of current relevancy match which means that the latest content takes precedence over older content.
8. Structuring the URL
The URL is the first thing that users interact with. It affects SEO in many ways. First of all, try to keep a short URL. You should also make sure that the URL contains some keywords if not all and last but not the least match the URL with the title as resemblance has extra points.
Google gives priority to both hubbiness as well as the authority of your page. This means if your page is referred by a highly reputed page then its rank will increase naturally. This also works if you refer a highly ranked page in your content.
It is very important to monitor your progress on the page ranks. Use tools like the Google toolbar to do so else you won’t realize when your rank falls down or rises up.
11. Topic selection
Select a topic which is surely to produce a lot of questions.
12. Timeliness of topics
The selected keywords should be such that they are searched for regularly and not seasonally.
Before developing content make sure you go through Google or use an SEO tool to see what kind of pages are ranked higher.
14. Make your content more relatable so that it has the potential to be a regular search.
15. Make sure that your topic is globally searched and not just a regional result.
16. Try to compensate for a phrase matching scenario by using SEO tools to see the most common searches.
17. Try to incorporate regular topics in your sub-headings as well.
18. Go for the richness of content over quantity.
19. Make appropriate use of the multiple types of heading tabs with sizing.
20. Even if the content cannot be featured as a rich snippet the media in the documents can be featured so try to incorporate media in the content.
21. Usage of bullets and lists also enable the crawlers to read important content quickly.
22. Keep the theme of the content common and avoid using vague terms.
23. Avoid using stop words excessively as they are not counted in any of the processes.
24. Use a different tag for headings and subheadings.
25. Use the same tag for all subheadings.
26. Keep the answers directly under the subheadings.
27. Make sure the length of the answers is small.
28. Edit your content to make it snippet worthy.
29. Avoid duplication in all forms.
30. Get tips for keyword usage from the general public.
31. The content length is also necessary for SEO results.
32. The name of the files that you use in your computers can also have an effect on the page rank because it is present in the anchor tags.
33. Intrusions like popups and standalone can act against the SEO system.
34. Make sure your content loads fast on websites.
35. Reduce the media size by using compression techniques to increase the speed of content.
36. Have a security certification which gives advantages over Google SEO.
37. Use the Metadata just like title and content.
38. Have a few keywords which show the hotness of content like recently and today.
39. Use cache optimization tools.
40. Use compression techniques on HTML/CSS and JS files.
41. Be active on Social Media.
42. Build a press for powerful backlinks.
43. Branding is the key to SEO.
44. Have a set content strategy to follow.
45. Have a niche for your brand.
46. Tables are more likely to be featured as snippets.
47. Check compatibility with all the possible browsers.
48. Have a content map in your head with breakups and flow.
49. Make sure there are no broken links.
50. Use Meta description as appeasement for the reader as well as the crawler.